Setting Up Filters
Filters allow you to create specific groups of animals and work with that group of animals throughout the entire program.
Filters can be as general as you want, for example All Females in your herd, or they can be as specific as you want them to be, for example you might want all Females who were born in 2009 and are all in a specific location.
There are 2 ways you can setup filters for your animals.
Please follow the instructions with pictures in the downloadable document to set up and modify filters.
- EITHER open Setup > Filtering > Animal Filtering OR select Animals > Animal List, Click on the Active Filter drop down menu item and choose the Add/Update option.
- When you have the filter screen up, press the Add Filter button to create a new filter. When you do that you will get a Create Filter window.
- Enter the name for the filter you want to create. An example name might be ‘Females’. Then press the OK button.
- You will now be taken back to the main filter screen with the filter name you have just created at the top.
- Now you need to add the criteria that you want the filter to be on. Choose what you want to filter on from the drop down menu below the filter name.
- Choose the comparison operator from the drop down menu (e.g. equal, >).
- Enter the information you want to filter on. For example the sex field, or you can use a range by selecting the >= and then entering another line or <=.To add new lines to the filter use the add line option on the right hand side of the screen. See picture below for an example of what a filter could look like.
- When you have finished setting up your filter you can press the test filter button and it will show you the animals that the filter you have setup will include.
- When you are finished with the filter screen press the close option and you will then be able to choose that filter from the filter drop down menu throughout HerdMASTER 4.