Restoring from a Central Database
When you add a new computer system to an existing Central Sync Database the best way to get data onto that machine is to restore from the central database. There are two methods:
- From the Login Screen if you need to create a New Database
- From the File menu in an existing database.
From the Login Screen – New Database
If you are creating a new database in HerdMASTER this is the method to use to restore a backup from your central server.
- On the login screen click New Database
- In the connection type choose Central Server (HTTP) and click Next.
- Enter the URL and other details provided by HerdMASTER Team to connect to your server and click Next.
- Choose the database to restore over – or choose to create a new database and give it a name then click Next.
- Click Finish – HerdMASTER will now to to contact the server using the details you provided and download and restore your central database. If you have connection problems or issues creating the database please contact support for assistance.
From the File Menu – Existing Database
Log into the database you wish to replace with a backup from the server. From the File menu you can choose to restore a central database.
- Click on the menu option File > Central Server > Restore DB from Central Server.
- Verify your connection info is correct and click OK to begin the process. Note if your connection info is not correct contact support for assistance.
- HerdMASTER will automatically connect, prepare, download and restore your central database. Depending on the size of your database and the speed of your internet this process can take quite some time (Up to 20 min) please do not close HerdMASTER while this operation is in progress.
- Finally HerdMASTER will close down to complete the restore. You can now start HerdMASTER again and login to the backup restored from the central server.